A patent is a set of exclusive rights granted by a sovereign state to an inventor or assignee for a limited period of time in exchange for detailed public disclosure of an invention. The document that shows this right is called the “Patent”. Almost everything that is innovated can be put under the production of patenting. The innovated product’s or system’s rights belongs to the patent holder and cannot be used without proper permission.
Patent is a official document title given to the innovators of the product. It allows them to sell, market, multiply the product innovated or produce products alike the innovated product. Machines, tools, devices, chemical compounds and processes and all means of production can be put under patent protection.
The goal of patent laws is to encourage innovations, provide the necessary protection for creative thought processes and apply the technical solutions produced in the innovation processes to industry. With the given patents and the application of these in the industry, technical, economical and social progress is made. The high number of given patents in the developed countries proves the accuracy of this thought.
A product is innovated when its technique is not known to public.
– The transgression of the known techniques
If the product is produced as a result of an act unknown in the existing literature by an expert in the field , the innovation is accepted to transgress the known state of the technique.
– Being feasible in industry
The innovation is accepted as feasible in industry if it can be produced or used in any branch of the industry including agriculture.
– Discoveries, scientific theories, mathematical methods
– Plans, rules and methods related to mental, commercial and gaming acts,
– Work of art or literature, scientific works, creations which have aesthetic value, computer software
– Methods which has no technical facets related to compliation, arrangement, presentation and conveyance of knowledge
– treatment and surgery methods that are applied to human and animal bodies and diagnostic methods related to human and animal bodies
– Innovations contradicting with public order and morals
– Methods to breed plant and animal species or methods that mainly rely on biological fundamentals to breed plant and animal species
A utility model is a statutory monopoly granted for a limited time (10 years) in exchange for an inventor providing sufficient teaching of his or her invention to permit a person of ordinary skill in the relevant art to perform the invention. The process of obtaining utility model documents are much more efficient regarding time and monetary expenses when compared to the process of obtaining patent. The relatively cheap and easy process of obtaining a utility model protection is thought to encourage small and medium sized industrialists and our research facilities to innovate and apply these innovations to industry. On the other hand, especially in today’s world, small and medium sized companies face the threat of their competitors replicating their innovations. Giving utility model documents to these small and medium sized companies’ innovations helps their economical status. In other words, utility model protection is designed to function much faster and quicker than the patent protection against infraction actions.
At the same time, adding to the topic of unacceptable topics as innovation, methods and products produced by these methods and chemical substances cannot be given utility model documents.
Please fill in the below form to contact us for further information about services.